News and Announcements
We are excited to announce the Fall 2022 TISCA Water Polo All State teams. Congratulations to all of the athletes and coaches being recognized for their amazing seasons.
The Fall 2022 TISCA All Region water polo teams have been announced! Congratulations to all of the athletes and coaches recognized for their great seasons!
The document TISCA_All_Region_Teams.pdf was attached to this post.
A reminder that the NFHS/TISDO Officials exam closes on December 15th.
1) The testing site is now up and operational. The registration AND the Exam should both be available. Unfortunately, we have been unable to get the November 30th testing deadline. The NFHS sets the deadlines and we have been informed it should have been October 15th. However, they have agreed to extend it until October 31st. We are sorry for the inconvenience this earlier date causes.
2) If you took the combined Swimming & Diving instead of the individual test, you WILL be certified as a swimming & diving official. You do not need to take another test. It was a mistake for that test to be posted and was not your fault. Therefore, you should not be penalized.
3) There are two fees, $25 to the NFHS and $25 to TISDO. In the past you paid $50 & it still is $50, it is just separated out differently. You do not need to pay the OPTIONAL $10 fee, it is just what it says, it is optional.
Official’s Registration and Testing for the 2022 – 2023 High School Season is open. The Federation (NFHS), in concert with DragonflyMAX will manage Registration, Testing, etc.
Registration Instructions from DragonFly
1. Login to DragonFly
2. Click your name on the lower left-hand side
3. Select My Info
4. Once here, click on Connect to School or Association in upper right-
5. Select your role of Official
6. Click Add Contest Official (blue button bottom right)
7. Select Texas
8. Select NFHS | NFOA Tier 2 Organizations
9. Click Join (bottom right)
10. Select Swimming & Diving
11. Click Add Sport(s) (bottom right)
12. Select TISDO
13. Review and Save
It is with sadness that we share we have learned that 2019 Texas Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame inducted coach, H.G. Pete Payne has passed away. Coach Payne was a mainstay of Texas Swimming and Diving for many years and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Coach Payne was “one of the only three NISCA coaches to have won five or more state championships in two different states, having won 11 swimming and diving championships in Oklahoma and Texas. Texas Coach of the Year three times and nominated for National High School Coach of the Year. He led his teams to 11 or more regional championships in Texas and five in Oklahoma. Based on times, he led the nation in high school swimming in 1999 and was runner-up three other years. Throughout his career, he coached 141 all-Americans, three of whom set NISCA records, and 60 all-American relays. In 2006, he was awarded the NISCA Outstanding Service Award.” (Source TSDHOF)
I hope that everyone enjoyed their TISCA weekends if they attended! The link to submit and view TISCA, District, and Region results for the 2022-2023 season is now live on the TISCA website (under the results tab)
Meet hosts, you can submit your results HERE. Once you submit, the results will automatically post on the website: https://bit.ly/tisca23submit
Everyone can view results HERE: https://bit.ly/tisca23results
Just a reminder, if you are a District or Region chair, you will be responsible for ensuring your district and/or district results are submitted to TISCA within 24 hours of the meet ending. These results are eligible for TISCA All State consideration and we want to ensure all athletes have the opportunity to be represented on the All State lists, if eligible. The link to submit District & Region results is the same as the link to submit TISCA results. https://bit.ly/tisca23submit