News and Announcements
I do hope that you have taken the much-needed time this summer to relax and recharge your batteries. As we near the 22-23 season I wanted to take a moment to make you aware of some happenings in the very near future. :
https://www.uiltexas.org/swimming-diving/regional-sites for the list of locations that have been released by the UIL.
As we make the final preparations for our annual T.I.S.C.A. Clinic, please make it a priority to attend our General Meeting on Saturday morning. With this being a “realignment year” you will be voting on By-Law changes as well as your Region Reps. Please note that several of our Reps. have either moved from one region to another or have changed classification. Also, with the inception of the 4A division, each of those 4 Regions will be voting on their representatives. PLEASE get involved with the continued success of this wonderful organization….. YOUR Professional COACHES organization.
Please note, that if you are a Lifetime member or Retired coach, you still need to fill out this registration each year to keep your membership in “good standing”.
(Luncheon price for guests will be $40.00)
The information will be available soon…. Please check the website for updated information.
After the deadline, the room rate goes up to $211+ per night. There is a UT Football game this weekend.
What an incredibly exciting, and historic, year this will be. We get to crown our 1st UIL Water Polo champions as well as celebrate the inaugural year of 4A & Under. I look forward to seeing each of you at our clinic in September. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Andrews Swim / Dive Coach
*The 2022/2023 membership portal is now open!!
Please remember that you need to be a current member in good standing to be eligible for post season award consideration.*
Calling all Water Polo coaches! THSCA & the UIL will be hosting a live webinar on Monday, June 27th at 3:00 PM CST! The link to the webinar can be found here! https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84137906465
Below is a link to the proposed NFHS rules changes for Swimming and Diving.
There is a coaches survey that NISCA is conducting for the NFHS on the matter.
Please respond by prior to March 18th concerning the proposed changes.
A reminder that All America Applications (Swimming , Diving, and Academic) are due by March 31st before late fees incur.
Submissions are free to current members (except for Diving processing fee) as long they are submitted prior to the season deadline. Renew memberships first before submitting will ensure your applications are processed correctly. It can take up to 24hrs for PayPal and NISCA to confirm payments to activate your membership. If you have forgotten your NISCA membership ID or password use the reset option or contact the NISCA webmaster or NISCA Secretary. You can link directly to the District and Region Meet results directly from the TISCA Page please link to the pdfs for your meets. For the State Meet use the links on the UIL website to the Live Results for processing.
Here are a few reminders for the upcoming District meets:
1. District Meet Directors should be “flexible” with the affected entries. Substitutions will be allowed ONLY for a COVID positive athlete. The only athlete that can be substituted in is one that has not maxed their own entries. An athlete may NOT be taken from an existing entry to put in the one that is vacated by the “COVID swimmer”.
2. The top 6 in each event at the District meets will advance to their Region meet.
3. Athlete of the Meet awards are determined by NISCA PowerPoints.
4. Please remember that only registered TISCA members can vote for and are eligible for the Coach of the Year awards. An updated list of TISCA members can be found here on the TISCA website: https://bit.ly/3rqrqSs
5. Please remind District meet directors to submit results to be posted on the TISCA website after the meet. TISCA Coach & Athlete awards should also be submitted for posting as well with the meet results. Here is the link for results submissions: https://bit.ly/3Gq6rFs
Good luck to you and each of your athletes!